Screen-Space Ambient Occlusion -- VICTORY!

Yesterday, I managed to implement screen-space ambient occlusion. Next up: global illumination with voxel cone tracing. Or maybe screen-space directional occlusion. Nah, I think it'll be the former.

No. of samples: 64 (a little overkill, but whatever)
Radius: 3

Hey, there, dragon! You lookin' pretty nice today!

Oh, yeah, and I used John Chapman's tutorial (as well as learnopengl.com's tutorial). To remove the noise pattern (I used a noise texture to randomly rotate the normal-oriented hemispherical sample kernels), I applied a single-pass Gaussian blur with a blur radius of 2.

See you again!

P.S. I used LWJGL, because Java is the language I'm most fluent in.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Screen Space Directional Occlusion -- Is it worth it?

Global Illumination -- which technique should you use?